Daily Announcements 05-23-18
Have a great summer see you next year!!!
Mandatory graduation practice 24 May 0945 am. Meet at the Junior High.
Our graduation ceremony is planned for Friday, 5/25, at 7:00 PM at Tiger Field. Since we hold our ceremony at Tiger Field (the only venue big enough to accommodate such a large number of guests), we will spend the next couple of weeks closely monitoring the weather – keeping our fingers crossed that it cooperates. In the case that the weather does NOT cooperate, we would implement our back-up plan, which involves the following:
- We would hold the ceremony in the MHHS gymnasium
- Each Senior will receive 6 tickets for family members (this is the maximum number of guests our gymnasium would be able to accommodate). They will get these tickets at the graduation practice on 5/24.
- If we are at Tiger Field and, during the ceremony, the weather decides to get nasty (i.e. lightning, heavy rain, etc.), we will have all Seniors head into the Jr. High commons; parents/family members/guests will be encouraged to head to their vehicles. We would also be able hold some parents/family members/guests in the Jr. High’s main gym, though it would only have the capacity to hold a fraction of our typically large numbers. Folks will wait for further instructions in those locations.
- If it is a passing storm, we will try to resume at Tiger Field; if the storm looks to continue, we will be forced to move the ceremony to the high school gymnasium. In this case, we will inform parents via a Blackboard message (text, phone call, and email), as well as make a verbal announcement to Seniors and anyone waiting inside the MHJH gymnasium. This Blackboard message will include directions of what time doors will open to enter into the gymnasium. Again, this is where family of each senior would be limited to the 6 tickets (for capacity reasons).
- If we see, early on, that the weather is not going to cooperate, we will send out a Blackboard message by 5:00 PM and have the gym ready to go by 7:00 PM.
- As always, we certainly hope for nice weather and appreciate your willingness to work with whatever comes our way!