MHSD #193 Driver Education Information
You MUST pay the $165 class fee AND purchase a driving permit prior to the deadline listed below or you will be dropped from the class. Deadline dates are also posted on the document that you will see after you click "SUBMIT" below.
Follow these directions to be enrolled in a DE class:
1. Scroll down for online application.
2. Complete the application.
3. Click "SUBMIT"
4. Open the ATTACHED DOCUMENT for directions and information about fee payment and permit purchase.
- ATTENTION ALL ATHLETES! Sports schedules and Driver Education schedules are NOT COMPATIBLE. DO NOT sign up for a Driver Education class if you are planning to participate in a sport that occurs at the same time.
- Applicants will be placed in classes on a first pay, first served basis. Early payment and permit purchase is HIGHLY recommended. Use the chart below to determine which session you would like to be in.
- Don't listen to what other parents and students have told you about taking the IDLA Driver Ed class. Mr. Schaufele has the ACCURATE information regarding this!
Idaho requires students to be a minimum of 14.5 years old to purchase a driving permit. Students must purchase a permit before they can be enrolled in a DE class.
Driver's Education Schedule
Class FEE and PERMIT Deadline
* Times will vary and will be limited to a maximum of 5 hours per day.
- After clicking the "Submit" button at the end of the application, you will be directed to a "Download" page.
- Read and follow ALL directions on that page.
- SEND A TEXT to 208-936-5092 telling me that you have just submitted an application. (Include the STUDENT'S NAME in your text). If you do not do this and your application gets lost in Gmail (which has happened on occasion), you may be excluded from the class.