Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and a SEVERE teacher shortage, Driver Education class sizes will be limited this year. Open the document below for more detailed information.
MHSD #193 Driver Education Information
You MUST pay the $165 class fee AND purchase a driving permit prior to the deadline listed below or you will be dropped from the class. Deadline dates are also posted on the document that you will see after you click "SUBMIT" below.
Follow these directions to be enrolled in a DE class:
1. Scroll down for online application.
2. Complete the application.
3. Click "SUBMIT"
4. Open the ATTACHED DOCUMENT for directions and information about fee payment and permit purchase.
- ATTENTION ALL ATHLETES! Sports schedules and Driver Education schedules are NOT COMPATIBLE. DO NOT sign up for a Driver Education class if you are planning to participate in a sport that occurs at the same time.
- Applicants will be placed in classes on a first pay, first served basis. Early payment and permit purchase is HIGHLY recommended. Use the chart below to determine which session you would like to be in.
- SPECIAL NOTICE: Driver Ed has strict attendance requirements which are mandated by the state. A student is allowed to miss only 2 OUT OF THE 15 CLASS SESSIONS. Three or more absences will result in failure (or transfer to a later class if the absences are due to a legitimate medical issue or family emergency.) DO NOT REGISTER FOR A CLASS IF YOU ARE PLANNING A TRIP that will disrupt the Driver Ed schedule.
- Don't listen to what other parents and students have told you about taking the IDLA Driver Ed class. Mr. Schaufele has the ACCURATE information regarding this!
Idaho requires students to be a minimum of 14.5 years old to purchase a driving permit. Students must purchase a permit before they can be enrolled in a DE class.
Driver's Education Schedule
Class FEE and PERMIT Deadline
* Times will vary and will be limited to a maximum of 5 hours per day.
- After clicking the "Submit" button at the end of the application, you will be directed to a "Download" page.
- Read and follow ALL directions on that page.
- SEND AN EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org telling me that you have just submitted an application. (Include the STUDENT'S NAME in your message). If you do not do this and your application gets lost in Gmail (which has happened on occasion), you may be excluded from the class.