IDLA Driver Education
IDLA is an online driver education course however you need an in car driving instructor. This class is for students that have busy schedules and are good at completing their work online. Please follow the directions including contacting the driving instructor.
(Must pay 2 fees: $75 for the IDLA class and $150 for the in car instruction.)
This is a course through IDLA so please contact IDLA with any questions about signing up for the class. 208-342-0207 or go to their website at IDLA.
AFTER the 6 months of practice with parents please contact Mr. Schaufele to schedule your driving test. firstname.lastname@example.org
IDLA Driver Education Enrollment Procedure:
1. Contact Ms. Modde (Text 208-590-0683 or email email@example.com) OR Mrs. Garcia (text 303-518-1854 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) to see if one of them has room for your in-car instruction. Ms. Modde is full in June.
Please stay in contact with your driving instructor!
If they do not have space for you, there is no need to continue with the IDLA enrollment procedure.
2. Pay a $150 driving instruction/vehicle fee and $75 IDLA class fee at the Mtn. Home High School Office or Webstore.
3. Request your VOC from Mrs. Hopkins* and check with your counselor for availability through IDLA (the online classes fill up sometimes even if you have contacted the in car instructor because this is an IDLA class)
4. Purchase your permit at Elmore County Driver’s License office, $26.50.
Take the following items with you when you purchase the permit:
· Certified state birth certificate
· Social Security card
· Pictured identification
· Receipt(s) verifying payment of the $150 and $75 fees
· Letter of verification (VOC) from the school district in which you attend to confirm compliance with Idaho Code 49-303A.
5. Sign up for the IDLA class with your counselor. (You will need your 3 payment receipts)
*Get a VOC letter from your school registrar. Contact Mrs. Hopkins if you are a Mtn. Home High School student. If you are not a Mtn. Home High School student, you will need to get your VOC from the school you are attending. (Just ask for a VOC letter; they will know what it is.)
- If you have not previously taken an IDLA class, you are required to take an online IDLA orientation class at least one week prior to the start date of your IDLA Driver Education class.
-IMPORTANT NOTICE: IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY FAILED A DRIVER EDUCATION COURSE ANYWHERE IN THE STATE OF IDAHO, you must purchase a new permit BEFORE you enroll in an IDLA class. YOUR OLD PERMIT WAS CANCELLED when you failed.
After reading the steps to sign up for IDLA and you have the driving instructor lined up pay both the $150 driving fee to the high school and the $75 IDLA fee at the high school office.
Dates for IDLA Sessions:
04/11/22 - 05/20/22
06/06/22 - 07/15/22
07/18/22 - 08/26/22
09/12/22 - 10/21/22
11/07/22 - 12/16/22
01/09/23 - 02/17/23
02/27/23 - 04/07/23
04/17/23 - 05/26/23